Loretta Lynn Ranch Fire Destroys Building on Legend’s Property

February 22nd, 2013

Loretta Lynn Ranch Fire

Firefighters rushed to country star Loretta Lynn‘s Tennessee ranch on Thursday night after a blaze broke out at the property.

First responders were able to contain the fire, but not before a concession stand at the popular Hurricane Mills tourist attraction was levelled. A storage building and eating area were also damaged. The incident is currently under investigation, however Humphreys County officials believe the flames were sparked by a faulty power strip.


It is not yet known whether the Coal Miner’s Daughter hitmaker was home at the time of the emergency, but a message on her official Twitter.com account reads, “Thank you everyone for your concern. There was a small isolated fire within our cook shack this evening. Everyone is alright.”
The sprawling 6,000 acre ranch had been closed for the winter but is due to reopen next week
It’s not the first time the singer’s property has been damaged – Lynn’s house was lashed by a powerful storm that swept through the state last month (Jan13). Afterwards she tweeted, “The whole ranch looks like a warzone.”

Watch Loretta Sing “Coal Miner’s Daughter”:  

-via Contactmusic

What do you think?
us on Facebook.

Jack, our founder!