KFC Australia has just let the chicken out of the coop with this one by giving its secret recipe for a steamy bowl of Hot & Spicy Mac ‘n’ Cheese.
They released a short video on their Instagram page KFC Australia hinting towards the delicious recipe to with the caption, “It’s the ultimate mashup of all your Hot & Spicy, mac ‘n’ cheesy faves.” Then in the video, it showed a juicy bowl mac ‘n’ cheese with the signature hot wings on top.
The Instagram post went on to give away the secret ingredients for creating your own Hot & Spicy Mac ‘n’ Cheese. In detailed proportions, KFC said that you need to use the ingredients laid out below.
Hot & Spicy Mac ‘n’ Cheese Ingredients:
- KFC Hot & Spicy Chicken
- 150g pasta
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 100g grated cheese (or as much as your cheese-loving heart can take)
- Fresh herbs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- And you can add your own favorite hot sauce
It’s important for you to know before we move forward because you might not always have the chance to make this recipe yourself – The Hot & Spicy Chicken is only around for a limited amount of time. Until Monday, August 10th to be exact.
So now is really the perfect time to try this recipe if your taste buds are yearning for it enough. All you got to do is swing by your local KFC, place your order for that KFC Hot & Spicy Chicken, and bring it back home. Once you got it there, then all you got to do is mix in the ingredients in this specific order below.
Here are the directions for making the Hot & Spicy Mac ‘n’ Cheese:
- Cook pasta until firm when bitten, drain, and set aside.
- Place ¼ cup of milk in a small bowl and whisk in flour until all the lumps are gone.
- Place the other ½ cup of milk in a small saucepan over medium heat and mix in the spices/hot sauce. The spicier you like, the more you add.
- Once steam is coming off the milk, whisk in the milk and flour mixture until the sauce thickens (it should take about 4 minutes).
- Turn the heat down to low and gradually mix in the cheese until it’s all melted.
- Remove saucepan from heat, then stir in the pasta and fresh herbs.
- Throw Hot & Spicy Chicken on top, and serve in a bowl.
IT’S DONE. READY TO EAT.
Now if you’ve never had KFC Hot & Spicy Chicken then first things first, you need to march down the nearest KFC and put that baby between your lips. Test that out first – and if you like it and you like mac ‘n’ cheese then you know what you do.
Make yourself a delicious bowl.