In Wake Forest, North Carolina a family went to cook a pizza for dinner but when smoke started to fill the kitchen they realized there was something else in the oven getting cooked with the pizza.
It was a snake, and it was burnt to a crisp. Somehow the snake slithered into the oven and was cooked with the pizza before the family realized it was there. It happened in the home of Amber and Robert Helm who were interviewed by WXII News.
“The oven started smoking and I told my boys ‘back up’ so I can make sure a fire or anything didn’t happen,” Amber told WXII News. “I looked closely and was like ‘Oh my God! That’s a friggin’ snake’.”
In case you were wondering, no, they did not eat the pizza. The family went out to eat instead. They also haven’t used the stove again since, according to Robert. He says that it is going through a “double-triple-cleaning-mode” process.
The family still has no idea how the snake got in there and plan to have an animal expert come investigate to see if they can figure out how it got in. They do live near the woods with wild animals so naturally, they are going to run into them.
“I was queasy and it was creepy,” Robert told WXII News. “There’s nothing good about finding a smokey snake in your oven.”