On January 24, Trace Adkins sent country fans into a frenzy when he announced the release of his upcoming album, Something’s Going On. The album will be Adkins’ first release in nearly four years, with his most recent record being Love Will.
Adkins’ album announcement came with a handful of other goodies as well. He also debuted a brand new single that day, and announced new tour dates for 2017. If you’d like to catch him on tour this year, head here so you can get more info and purchase tickets when they become available.
As for the album itself, we have everything you need to know about Something’s Going On right here. So go ahead and click the button below to find out all about it!
The Release Date
Something’s Going On will be here before you know it! The record is set to hit the shelves on March 31, 2017.
If you’re like us and can’t wait to get your hands on a copy, you may want to pre-order one. You can do so through iTunes by following this link right here.
The Album Cover
Adkins unveiled the cover to his new album along with the announcement of its release. The album features a black and white photo of Adkins looking straight at the camera, his signature cowboy hat held over his heart.
The only ounce of color on the cover appears in the album’s title, which is a bronze-colored tone. We like the simplistic approach, don’t y’all?
Along with his announcement, Adkins debuted his new single “Watered Down.” Featured as the third track on the album, the song tells the story of a man looking back on his rebellious past. Although he’s outgrown that time in his life, the man realizes he still has a bit of that old spark inside of him.
Adkins also released an accompanying lyric video to go along with “Watered Down.” The video has a personal touch to it, since it was filmed on Adkins’ farm located just outside of Nashville.
The Track Listing
Including “Watered Down,” Something’s Going On includes a total of 12 tracks. You’ll likely recognize the names of two of the songs on that track listing: “Jesus and Jones” and “Lit.” These two songs were previously released by Adkins before Something’s Going On was ever given an official title or release date.
The tracklist features a wealth of songwriting talent, with songs penned by Tyler Farr, Shane McAnally, and Phil O’Donnell all appearing in the lineup. Check out the full track listing below:
1. “Ain’t Just the Whiskey Talkin’” (Terry McBride, Brett Beavers)
2. “Jesus and Jones” (Tyler Farr, Jim McCormick, Casey Beathard)
3. “Watered Down” (Matt Jenkins, Trevor Rosen, Shane McAnally)
4. “Something’s Going On” (Chris Cavanaugh, Mark Stephen Jones)
5. “If Only You Were Lonely” (Jon Coleman, Troy Johnson)
6. “Gonna Make You Miss Me” (Tommy Lee James, Matt Nolan, Andrew Dorff)
7. “I’m Gone” (Craig Campbell, Max T. Barnes)
8. “Country Boy Problems” (Tommy Lee James, Josh Osborne)
9. “Lit” (Mickey Jack Cones, Monty Criswell, Derek George)
10. “Still a Soldier” (Phil O’Donnell, Wade Kirby)
11. “Whippoorwills and Freight Trains” (Phil O’Donnell, Jeff Middleton, Brandon Kinney)
12. “Hang” (Lynn Hutton, Phil O’Donnell)
“Watered Down,” “Jesus and Jones,” and “Lit” are currently the only songs available for purchase off of Something’s Going On. But if you want to hear the other songs as soon as the album is released, be sure to pre-order the album here.
Who’s excited to finally hear some new music from Adkins? We know we are!