Man Reels In 8ft, 350lb Prehistoric Fish While Kayaking

Sidney Kozelenko / Facebook

Braeden Rouse and his girlfriend Sidney Kozelenko filmed an incredible video of them catching a gigantic fish over eight feet long and weighing over 350 pounds.

The epic video was filmed at Fraser River in British Columbia, Canada, three hours away from their home in Lethbridge, Alberta. They traveled to the area because Braeden is a roofer by trade during the spring, summer, and fall, however, roofing work isn’t avaliable in the winter.

“Roofing closes down in Alberta for the winter because of the cold weather, so we came out here so we could work during the cold weather,” he explained to CTV News.

On Saturday, they drove out to Fraser River with their kayaks and poles in hand, ready to enjoy some time together fishing in the beautiful outdoors.

“We had the weekend off, so we decided to go try our luck,” Braeden said.

Sidney filmed from the shore as Braeden hooked the monster fish and things started to get exciting.

“I knew it was big,” he explained. “You can tell it’s big because when you go to pull, it won’t move… like, it won’t budge, and it’ll actually start running. As soon as it started running, I’m like, ‘Okay, I need to hop in my kayak.'”

@adventureswbraedenandsid Canadian Dinosaur!! ?? ? #whitesturgeon #rivermonsters #sturgeonfishing #sturgeon #kayakfishing #kayak #explore #wild #britishcolumbia #fishing ♬ original sound – Braeden & Sid

As Sidney stood on the shoreline filming the catch while Braeden battled with the fish for about half an hour, patiently waiting for the animal to give up the fight.

He’s caught a lot of sturgeon before so we weren’t sure how the size was at the beginning,” she explained. “So I didn’t start the video until he realized all of a sudden it was a really big one.”

In the video, you can see Braeden was getting pulled around the lake by the monster sturgeon however, that was just fine with him. He was smiling ear to ear enjoying himself as the sturgeon took him on a ride.

“The sturgeon started pulling me upstream, which is interesting,” Braeden said. “I battled him for about 25 minutes on river, and then we finally tired the fish out. We’re trying to figure out ‘How do we get to shore?’ … So we had some ropes on our boats, luckily, so Sidney tied the rope to her boat and she paddled as I was battling the fish. She paddled to shore and then pulled me in the rest of the way.”

“It was pretty exhilarating,” Sidney added.

Watch Video Below To See The Epic Ending Of The Catch