In the midst of a harrowing nightmare that involved her fiancé, a sketchy high-speed train, and a bunch of bad guys – young Jenna Evans apparently swallowed her engagement ring.
Was it just a dream? Well – yes…and no.
According to Jenna in a now-viral post on Facebook – she was having this nightmare. And within the nightmare, somehow the only way to save her ring was for her to swallow it. You know – normal stuff for a dream.
“I was having a dream that Bobby and I were in a very sketchy situation involving a high-speed train and bad guys (I have very exciting and vivid dreams) and he told me I had to swallow my ring to protect it; so I popped that sucker off, put it in my mouth and swallowed it with a glass of water…”
Right about the time she swallowed the ring down with the glass of water, she realized what she was doing – but thought it was still the crazy dream happening and passed back out.
Well, she then woke up at her normal time in the morning and realized that her nightmare had become a reality.
“On Wednesday morning, I realized my ring was not on my hand and had to wake [fiancé] Bob up and tell him that I swallowed my engagement ring. I don’t think he believed me right away. We laughed pretty hard for about an hour and a half, called my mom, laughed until we were crying, googled ‘do other adults swallow rings’ because kids do it all the time, but apparently it’s less common for adults.”
The next stop for Jenna and her future-hubby, Bob Howell, was to the local urgent care where the doctors were even surprised that she was right about swallowing it! Sure enough – the x-ray proved her story true and they were connected with a gastroenterologist.
“Bobby took me to the GI doctor where I got to tell a whole new group of doctors and nurses that yes, I swallowed my engagement ring. At this point, I could definitely feel it in my guts, it was starting to really hurt and make us nervous.”
A few hours later, the doctors found Jenna’s ring just beyond her stomach in her intestines and retrieved it – handing it off to Bobby.
Still reeling from the effects of the anesthesia, Jenna demanded Bobby take her to both In ‘N Out and Chick-Fil-A while simultaneously asking for her ring back.
“I probably cried as I stuffed cheese fries in my mouth. I asked for my ring, he said no. Thank God I had that chocolate shake.”
Bobby, with a good head on his shoulders, took her to one of the restaurants and refused to give her the ring back…until she came out of the haze of anesthesia.
Check out Jenna Evan’s full Facebook post below along with a video from a news station.
So, in case you missed it, I swallowed my engagement ring in my sleep on Tuesday night. I actually remember doing it,…