Olympic gold medal-winning gymnast and Dancing with the Stars champion Shawn Johnson East recently joined her husband, NFL player Andrew East, to host a virtual “newlywed challenge.”
Since the couple lives in Nashville, they exist in the same circle as some of country music’s biggest stars. So it only made sense for them to have a country music-themed newlywed challenge!
The artists Shawn and Andrew got to participate in the challenge were Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Chuck Wicks, and Kane Brown.
Here’s how long all of the artists have been married to their respective spouses:
- Jason Aldean married Brittany Kerr on March 21, 2015. They share two kids, Memphis and Navy. Jason also has two daughters from his previous marriage, Keeley and Kendyl.
- Luke Bryan married Caroline Boyer on December 8, 2006. They share two kids, Thomas “Bo,” and Tatum “Tate.”
- Chuck Wicks married Kasi Williams (Jason Aldean’s sister) on July 12, 2019. Kasi has three daughters. She adopted daughters Madison and Mackenzie while married to their father, Bill Morstad, after their biological mother passed away. She and Bill also have a daughter of their own, named Avery. (Kasi announced she was expecting her and Chuck’s first child, a boy, after they filmed their clip for the Newlywed Game).
- Kane Brown married Katelyn Jae on October 12, 2018. They share one daughter, Kingsley.
Since Luke and Caroline have been together the longest, you’d think they’d know each other best. But they proved that even after 14 years of marriage, there are still some things they don’t know about each other!
There are many hilarious moments to be found in the country singers’ newlywed challenge video. Here are a few of our favorite moments:
- When Kane described his love life with Katelyn as a being like a “Now and Later” candy, and told her it meant that since they have a baby, they either have to get some lovin’ in right now, or wait until who knows when.
- When Caroline said her and Luke’s kids were the most obnoxious thing in their house.
- When Kane said the #1 reason he’d go to jail would be for hitting a dude who looks at Katelyn in yoga pants.
- When Kasi reached over to edit Chucks’ grammar mistake on one of his answers.
And that’s just scratching the surface when it comes to the comical moments between the four country couples! Watch their full newlywed challenge below, and see who ends up winning!
This would be a fun game to play with your own friends, don’t y’all think?