This year in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, there will be six million sparkling lights glistening in the night at Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas and people from all over the states are already flocking in to be part of Tennessee’s favorite holiday tradition.
Dollywood wrote on their website, “The spirit of the season shines brightest during Smoky Mountain Christmas, voted America’s Best Christmas Event for more than a decade.”
The annual holiday event started on November 5th and plans to run until New Year’s Day.
For this year’s Smoky Mountain Christmas, there are new lighting elements that will be on display throughout the park providing a wonderful and surprising experience for guests.
Those who make the smart move to ride the iconic Dollywood Express will get to enjoy a special light show of draped lights across a field located at the train’s upper turning loop.
In addition to that, the Village Pass that takes visitors from the lower Craftsman’s Valley to The Village will get to see a 130-feet light curtain wall.
Guests will also find hundreds of trees lit up with Christmas lights all throughout the park, as well as more Christmas-themed decorations everywhere.
There will be eight different light zones providing Dollywood’s park its own unique look and feel.
Last year the park only had five million lights but this year they added another million to bring the experience to a whole new level.
“Here, the skies dance with the glimmer of more than 6 million twinkling lights, the sounds of our award-winning shows fill the air with Christmas cheer, and family memories are made beneath star-lit mountain skies. Cherished family traditions are waiting for you—plan your Christmas visit today,” Dollywood wrote on their website.
Smoky Mountain Christmas tickets can be bought on the website and there are discounts on tickets for children under 10 years old and seniors over 61 years old. They also offer season passes that come with extra benefits which can be paid in full price or by payment plan.
- 1-Day Theme Park Tickets (ages 10-61) $89.
- 2-Day Theme Park Tickets (ages 10-61) $109.
- 3-Day Theme Park Tickets (ages 10-61) $119.
- Silver Season Pass (ages 10-61) is $154 and includes two Dollywood Bring-A-Friend Free Tickets and $5 discounts on 1-Day Tickets.
- Gold Season Pass (ages 10-61) is $219 and includes two Dollywood Bring-A-Friend Free Tickets, 10% discounts on 1-Day Tickets, and 15% off on select foods and merchandise.
- Diamond Season Pass (ages 10-61) is $319 and includes four Two-Park Bring-A-Friend Free Tickets, 15% discounts on 1-Day Tickets, and 20% off on select foods and merchandise.
In addition to those, there are add-ons to save time and enhance your visit, military discounts, group tickets for groups of 15+ guests, resort ticket packages, exclusive tickets for cabin guests, and a Free Pre-K Imagination Season Pass.